Invent today | Shape tomorrow
We are a growing and successful software company headquartered in Belfast and we are handpicking first-rate individuals to slot into our passionate team. We punch well above our weight and our clients include some of the world’s best-known brands as well as a number of high profile organisations in the financial services sector in the UK, Ireland and North America.
Working at Syndeo involves developing and implementing leading edge customer experience solutions covering voice, AI and messaging technologies for global brands combining our own technology with partner offerings from the likes of Google, Nuance, Genesys and others. We are a company with a young, dynamic and entrepreneurial team of dedicated specialists. We don’t just offer jobs, but a chance to enhance your learning opportunities. We are looking for people who want out of overpopulated, unexciting software houses and to move to a company with personality where there is plenty of room to grow.
Find out below what some of our team have to say about their roles and life at Syndeo.
I like to create an environment where people can share their ideas freely and know that their opinions are valued and will be considered. This is absolutely key to facilitating innovation.
Alan Beck, CTO, Syndeo
I get excited about how we can use our technology and expertise to help drive efficiency and improve CX in businesses of all sizes from small enterprises right up to the world’s largest provider of credit card services.
Alan Beck, CTO, Syndeo
I get to work across all aspects of our platform from requirements and design through to operations and deployment. It’s great to have that breadth of tasks to keep things interesting.
I love that Syndeo are happy to support and invest in my CPD. The flexibility to work the hours that suit my lifestyle combined with a mix of remote and office working is brilliant too.
There is a genuine spirit of co-operation and shared goals at Syndeo. Everyone knows what they are working towards and are dedicated to achieving these goals.
View more from team members on life at Syndeo here – #teamsyndeo
7 – 10 years’ experience
As a Senior Software Engineer with Syndeo you will have overall responsibility for designing, developing, testing and deploying high quality solutions which delight our customers. You’ll work on challenging agile based software development projects, leading a small team and helping them to learn, develop and grow. You will work alongside and report directly into the CTO.
The role centers around the design and architecture as well as hands on coding for our core enterprise SaaS platform, adding feature and functionality from conception to implementation. You must be a fast learner, be able to think outside the box and be able to design and build modern software applications.
You will be leading a team and must have good management and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines. Your style is to get things done with minimum friction, and to respond rapidly when called on. You must be a logical thinker, meticulous and professional.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of the technology and platforms that we run. Skills required include:
- SaaS micro-service architecture and design expertise, experience in architecting and building enterprise solutions on AWS of value
- Java programming, particularly web applications and Spring Boot
- Strong experience with relational databases, specifically with Postgres
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis and/or Kafka is desirable but not required
- Knowledge of how, and when, to optimise Java and SQL
- A strong understanding of the Web and Web Architectures, experience with Single Page Applications preferably using REST services
- Experience integrating into third party applications using documented (and some not so documented) APIs
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly
- Experience with mentoring others, supervising and reviewing the work of others.
- Strong ability to use initiative and prioritise work in line with business and technical objectives.
- Meets individual deadlines
- Strong communicator
- Experience of applying development best practices and patterns in relation to security, scalability and performance. Knowledge of designing and implementing solutions to adhere to standards such as ISO 27001, PCI and GDPR solutions
The kind of person we are looking for will have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree at 2:1 or above in computer science or related discipline
- A minimum of 7 years engineering experience
- Fluent in English.
Any previous experience in Machine Learning, especially NLP technologies will be highly advantageous in ensuring you get the opportunity to chat to us in more detail.
Graduate level – 4 years’ post graduate experience
As a Technical Consultant with Syndeo you will be working with forward thinking businesses and helping them implement our solutions.
The role is broad which makes it tough to describe but it is likely to include: participation in customer workshops to design outcomes using both our own products and those or our partners; application of best practices regarding customer experience and user interaction design; delivering customer training courses; installation, troubleshooting, and support of the Syndeo and partner products; creating and executing test scripts for outcomes and other logic; and user acceptance testing support.
You will be working directly with our customers and must have superb interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines. A team player you must be highly motivated and confident with a flexible attitude.
Your style is to get things done with minimum friction, and to respond rapidly when called on. You must be a logical thinker, meticulous and professional. The kind of person we are looking for will have:
- Degree with an IT element OR an aptitude for computing.
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role.
- Understanding of solutions deployment and operation as well as functionality.
- Awareness of business environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- The ability to balance project demands with those of the wider organisation and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of technical and commercial demands.
- Fluent in English.
- Any previous experience in implementing solutions involving the following is highly desirable:
- Digital communication, Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and contact center technology, particularly Genesys, Nuance, Microsoft, 8×8
- Cloud based contact center solutions and conversational CX (digital/messaging/voice)
- AI and chatbot platforms/technology (e.g. Google DialogFlow, Nuance Mix, Amazon Lex, Microsoft)
- Process flow development
- Customer experience (CX) design methodology and approach
All Positions Require
- Great communication skills. We’re all humans and we need to work as a team, so frequent and clear verbal and written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking the initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is evolving and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for any of the jobs advertised above, please send a short email to email@example.com telling us about yourself and attach a CV. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.