What do the Syndeo team have to say about their roles?
Find out below what some of our team have to say about their roles and life at Syndeo.
We are a rapidly scaling and successful software company headquartered in Belfast and we are handpicking first-rate individuals to slot into our passionate team. With a fast-growing client base that includes some of the world’s best-known brands, we are dedicated to providing enterprise-grade Conversational AI solutions which enable businesses to engage with consumers through AI-powered messaging and advanced chat technology. By joining the Syndeo team, you’ll be part of a forward-thinking company that is shaping the future of customer experience.
Hear more on what the Syndeo team have to say!
“I get to work across all aspects of our platform from requirements and design through to operations and deployment. It’s great to have that breadth of tasks to keep things interesting.”
– Neil, Senior Software Engineer
“I like to create an environment where people can share their ideas freely and know that their opinions are valued and will be considered. This is absolutely key to facilitating innovation.”
– Alan, CTO
“I love that Syndeo are happy to support and invest in my CPD. The flexibility to work the hours that suit my lifestyle combined with a mix of remote and office working is brilliant too.”
– Phelim, Technical Consultant
“I really enjoy the people and the environment. Everyone is approachable and genuinely supportive, which has really helped me settle into my new role and feel like a valued member of the team.”
– Siobhan, Technical Consultant
- Working with us involves developing leading-edge customer experience solutions covering voice, AI and messaging technologies across our Conversational AI platform. As a Machine Learning partner with Google and Genesys, this is a unique opportunity – we are a company with a young, dynamic and entrepreneurial team of dedicated specialists. This is not just a job, it is a great chance to enhance your learning opportunities. We are looking for people who want out of an overpopulated, unexciting software house and to move to a company with personality where there is plenty of room to grow.
- 2-4 years engineering experience.
- As a hands-on Software Engineer with Syndeo, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying high quality SaaS solutions which delight our customers. You’ll work on challenging agile based software development projects within a highly experienced and talented team who will help you learn, develop and grow.
- The role centres around software development for our core enterprise SaaS platform, adding features and functionality from conception to implementation. This role calls for someone who is a fast learner, can think outside the box and have a zealot-like dedication to squashing bugs.
- Given that you will be working within a team, you must have good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines. Your style is to get things done with minimum friction and to respond rapidly when called on. You will be a logical thinker, meticulous and professional. You should be thinking of performance, scalability, maintainability and security in everything you create.
- This role requires you to have a good understanding of the technology and platforms that we run.
Skills required include:
- Java programming experience, particularly web services, web applications and Spring Boot.
- Experience with relational databases.
- An understanding of the web and web architectures, experience with Single Page Applications preferably using REST services.
- Strong ability to use initiative and prioritise work in line with business and technical objectives.
- Experience in working in an agile development environment and tools such as GitHub and Jira.
- A strong focus on quality, having undertaken unit testing, code reviews and adhering to defined development standards.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to SaaS micro-service and developing for enterprise solutions on AWS.
- Any previous experience in Machine Learning, especially NLP technologies will be advantageous.
- Experience using other technologies, including Elasticsearch, Redis, Containers, Postgres or Kafka.
- Experience integrating into third-party applications using documented (and some not so documented) APIs.
- Experience in applying development best practices and patterns in relation to security, scalability and performance.
The kind of person we are looking for will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at 2:1 or above in computer science or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years of engineering experience.
- Fluent in English.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Motivating salary and annual pay review aligned to performance.
- Bonus scheme (15% of base salary).
- BUPA medical cover for you and your dependents.
- We offer a generous 35-day holiday allowance per annum (inclusive of public holidays). We encourage our people to take the time they need to travel, develop interests and spend time with family and friends.
- Enhanced company pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours with the ability to combine remote and office work. Syndeo cares about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
- Exciting and fast-paced working environment.
- Part of an award-winning scale-up company.
- Most importantly, a great learning curve in terms of digital technologies. You shall gain the full “life cycle” exposure, there is on-the-job training utilising a pairing approach with highly experienced peers.
All positions require
- Great communication skills. We’re all humans and we need to work as a team, so frequent and clear verbal and written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking the initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is evolving and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for any of the jobs advertised above, please send a short email to email@example.com telling us about yourself and attach a CV. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.