Invent today | Shape tomorrow
Working at Syndeo involves developing leading-edge AI and messaging technologies across our innovative cloud-based platform. A certified Machine Learning partner with Google and Genesys, we are a young company with a dynamic and entrepreneurial team of dedicated specialists. Working with us presents a unique opportunity compared to the dull, over populated and unexciting software houses. It won’t be just a job, but a great chance to enhance your career and learning opportunities. We are growing fast and are very focused on where we want to go and how we are going to do it. Our clients include some of the best-known names in the property, debt management and financial services sectors in the UK, Ireland and the US. We are looking for talented people who want to move to a company with personality where there is plenty of room to grow. Could this be you?
Find out below what some of our team have to say about their roles and life at Syndeo.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE
- Great communication skills. We’re all humans and we need to work as a team, so frequent and clear verbal and written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking the initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is evolving and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
Mid-Level Developers: (2-4 years’ post graduate experience)
As a Software Developer with Syndeo you will be responsible for developing high quality solutions which delight our customers. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with highly experienced and talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow.
The role centers around software development for our core Syndeo platform, adding feature and functionality from conception to implementation. You must be a fast learner, be able to think outside the box and have a zealot-like dedication to squashing bugs.
You will be working within a team and must have good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines. Your style is to get things done with minimum friction, and to respond rapidly when called on. You must be a logical thinker, meticulous and professional.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of the technology and platforms that we run. Here are some other skills that will come in handy:
- Proficiency with Java programming, particularly web applications and Spring Boot
- Strong experience with relational databases, specifically with Postgres
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis and/or Kafka is desirable but not required
- Knowledge of how, and when, to optimise Java and SQL
- A strong understanding of the Web and Web Architectures, experience with Single Page Applications preferably using REST services
- Experience integrating into third party applications using documented (and some not so documented) APIs
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly
- Experience of UX/UI design
Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
The kind of person we are looking for will have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree at 2:1 or above in computer science or related discipline
- 2 – 4 years engineering experience
- Fluent in English.
- Any previous experience in Machine Learning, especially NLP technologies will be highly advantageous in ensuring you get the opportunity to chat to us in more detail.
How to Apply
If you feel you this might just be the job for you, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and attach a CV. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
2-5 years’ post graduate experience
As a Technical Consultant with Syndeo you will be working with the latest AI technology and forward thinking businesses, helping them implement our solutions.
The role is broad which makes it tough to describe but it is likely to include: participation in customer workshops to design outcomes using our products and other software products; application of best practices regarding user interface design; delivering customer training courses; installation, troubleshooting, and support of the Syndeo products; creating and executing test scripts for outcomes and other logic; and user acceptance testing support.
You will be working directly with our customers and must have superb interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines. A team player you must be highly motivated and confident with a flexible attitude.
Your style is to get things done with minimum friction, and to respond rapidly when called on. You must be a logical thinker, meticulous and professional. The kind of person we are looking for will have:
- Degree with an IT element OR an aptitude for computing.
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role.
- Understanding of solutions deployment and operation as well as functionality.
- Awareness of business environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- The ability to balance project demands with those of the wider organisation and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of technical and commercial demands.
- Any previous experience in the below areas will be highly advantageous in ensuring you get the opportunity to chat to us in more detail:
- Digital communication and contact centre technology
- Artifical intelligence and Machine Learning
- Chatbot platforms (including Google Dialogflow, Amazon Lex)
- Process flow development
- Customer/User experience design
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel this might just be the job for you, please send a short email to email@example.com telling us about yourself and attach a CV. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.